2 Jun 2007

xorg and xserver issues in Linux ubuntu

Dual monitor support in Linux seam lacking, so do tools to configure them. May be I not looking hard enough. I would have expected xorg to have written some nice GUI tools to configure the product.

Having to edit the xorg.config text file seams like a real waste of time, and is very confusing for new linux users. Do a search on google for xorg prolems and xserver problems there are just to many. Most come down the the automatic detection program / scripts not working. I dont have a problem with this cause there is just so much hard ware out their.

My suggestion for the the guys at xorg or who ever to create a nice gui front end for the xorg.config file with human understandable instructions on how to create a working conifg file. I will have a look into this my self when I have time. but in the mean time as I have now moved to ubuntu 7.04.

This link will suffice to help those wanting to create set up thier monitors for a dual view system http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=221174.
This one is for just after install isues https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FixVideoResolutionHowto.
Like if you get the famous xserver failed to start error after a new install or you have screen resolution problems.

No comments: